Thursday, October 27, 2011

Saturday with Mom

This weekend Momma Mich came over to do her laundry at my house since she is redoing her laundry room.  While waiting for each load we enjoyed our beverages of choice.  Wine for Mom and beer for me.  I started with the KBC Pumpkin Ale brewed by Kennebunkport Brewing Company in Portland, Maine.

This gift was actually a housewarming gift but I believe the original place of purchase was Trader Joes.  I really enjoyed this pumpkin beer.  The pumpkin flavor is apparent but the beer also has a nice fall, spice flavor to it.  Definately not as sweet as some of the other pumpkin beers we've tried and it was a nice change. 

The second beer I tried was the Flying Dog Classic Pale Ale. 
 I thought this was a really good Pale Ale.  It had a typical pale ale flavor to it but the hop flavor wasn't overwhelming.  We'll have to get this one again when Mark is here since he likes the strong hop flavor a lot more, I'm curious to see what he thinks of this one.  I'll definately be checking out some other brews from the Flying Dog brewery next time I'm at Bev Mo as well. 

Saturday night is Halloween party at our house.  Beers will be consumed but not sure if they will be the blog worthy kind...

No comments:

Post a Comment